Some clues you have electrical problems are:
FLICKERING LIGHTS. If the lights dim every time you turn on an appliance that circuit is overloaded or has a loose connection.
OVERLOADED ELECTRICAL OUTLETS, OR CIRCUITS THAT SUPPLY POWER TO SEVERAL OUTLETS, IS A MAJOR CA– USE OF RESIDENTIAL FIRES. Never overload electrical outlets and circuits. Overloaded outlets and circuits carry too much electricity, which generates heat in undetectable amounts. The heat causes wear on the internal wiring system and can ignite a fire. All wiring systems have circuit breakers or fuses that disconnect power when circuits become overloaded. However, an improperly sized fuse or breaker can cancel this built-in safety feature.
FREQUENT BLOWN F– USES OR BROKEN CIRCUITS. A fuse or circuit breaker that keeps tripping is an important warning sign of problems..