Under-cabinet lighting is a great way to improve the lighting in your kitchen by adding directed light to the areas where you work most. Home workshops are another great place to install under-cabinet task lighting. There are many choices, from the type of light bulb to the the type of fixture. Some of the most popular light bulb types for these applications are LED or Xenon bulbs, since they are low-voltage and energy-efficient. Fluorescent bulbs are almost as popular and can be matched with many different fixture types. Almost all cabinets have an area of about one inch underneath the cabinet where lighting can be installed.
Here are some other advantages to task lighting:
- Makes the kitchen brighter
- Can highlight your counters and backsplash
- Makes jobs easier and safer
- Eliminates shadows
- Requires low-voltage bulbs in almost all cases
- Adds style and distinction to your kitchen
- A do-it-yourself project for many homeowners. Read about how to install under-cabinet lighting.
- View under-cabinet lighting fixtures from Lampsplus.com
- More fixtures and ideas from Sea Gull Lighting
- Find an electrician to install your under-cabinet lighting
Please Contact ADAMS ELECTRICAL SERVICES to have your Under-Cabinet Lighting installed.